MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION - Colorado Archaeological Society
The Colorado Archaeological Society (CAS) is a private, non-profit organization established in 1935, and currently includes 11 chapters located throughout the state. The membership is comprised of avocationalists, students, and professionals interested in archaeology as well as the discovery, documentation, and protection of Colorado’s historic and prehistoric cultural resources.
Join the Colorado Archaeological Society!
Membership is open to any person interested in archaeology.
CAS MEMBERSHIP ONLY (no Chapter affiliation).
To join a CAS Chapter, fill out their membership form instead.
If you have questions about membership, contact the Colorado Archaeological Society Membership Chair by email.
Download the CAS membership application:
CAS Membership Application - revised 10-20-2015
Annual memberships expire at the end of December, and renewal dues may be paid each January.
See the CAS Policy of Confidentiality
- Field trips to sites around Colorado and the western U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in professionally supervised archaeological projects.
- Volunteer work trips and service projects.
- Four issues of the quarterly CAS newsletter, THE SURVEYOR.
- The renowned CAS quarterly journal, Southwestern Lore (depending on membership category).
- CAS Quarterly / Annual meetings.
- Archaeological certification training (PAAC) offered in conjunction with History Colorado.
- Camaraderie with other avocationalists, students, and professionals interested in archaeology and cultural preservation issues.